Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Did Someone Say Christmas?

Wow! Look at the date! I am finding it hard to believe that we are 15 days away from Christmas, even though blogland has exploded with red and green, gingerbread men and santas, and snow and sparkle. We are working on a fairly big project right now--which ends this week but began back in early October; and my girls are still in classes online with quite a bit of work, so it doesn't "feel" like the Christmas season yet. I've not managed to put up a tree or decorate the mantel or even open any boxes of decorations. I have managed to finish shopping for two children and gotten a good start on everyone else--thank you, cyber week sales! Not one gift has been wrapped yet, however. I know at the last minute I will likely be wrapping madly and scribbling names on packages with a Sharpie...unless I pay a child to wrap her own gifts again(Yes, I did this last year and it was GREAT!).  

I did manage, back in November, to get the twinkle lights strung in my craft studio.
 Since there are windows on both sides of the room, the reflection of the lights goes on and on till it looks like thousands of tiny twinkles instead of only 200! 

I also managed to get the dollhouse decorated. Not high on the priority list, but it fell in the category of Things I'm Always Intending To Do at Christmas But Never Accomplish, as well as the category of 
Things I Can Finish Quickly.
 Hazel's bedroom has a beach-themed tree this year and a simple green holly wreath on the fireplace. She's been busy wrapping up a few gifts too--kept up here till closer to the big day for safekeeping and no-peeking!
The dolls were glad they didn't have to climb any ladders to hang the outside decorations! Advantages of being dolls, I suppose!

 Someone's been busy baking Christmas treats, and left a sink FULL of dirty dishes! Oh, my!
 The upstairs hallway has a pretty banister decoration and a new birdcage. Downstairs needs the staircase installed again....oops!
Hazel is in the attic searching for more decorations, while visiting friend Jane is keeping Cindy company over a Christmas movie in the living room. Little sister Janie is in her room dreaming of what she will give the others for Christmas. Baby sister Lili is visiting a friend today. 

Sometimes I wish I could pop into the mini world and be done with all that's needing to be accomplished! :)
Hope your Christmas preparations are coming along merrily!

~april


2 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

If the doll house is decorated then I think you can call it a day! :)

Get well soon girls!

no spring chicken said...

So glad to have you back (public)! Things are looking wonderful in the doll's house. The rest of your holiday preps sound a lot like mine. I too am having a hard time believing Christmas is as close as it is.

Well, here's to both of us as we keep our heads and accomplish what needs to be accomplished. And praying that each of us can do it in a manner that keeps us focused on God and His BEST Gift.

Blessings, Debbie